- By Rashid Aktar
Mexican President, Enrique Pena Nieto, condemns Trump for his threats to build a boarder wall with Mexican money
The International Press and Media Group is 100% independent and does not accept any funding from government bodies. We do this in order to maintain totally unbiased news coverage you can trust.
As such we need to raise £1’000’000 by February 28th 2017. Any donation of any size will be appreciated.
Thank you for your support.
Mexico’s leader Enrique Pena Nieto has condemned US President Donald Trump’s move to build a border wall insisting that his country has no intention of paying for it and will block any efforts from Trump to try and take the money from Mexico.
“I regret and condemn the decision of the United States to continue construction of a wall that, for years, has divided us instead of uniting us.” President Pena Nieto said in a brief televised message on Wednesday.
“Mexico does not believe in walls. I have said it time and again: Mexico will not pay for any wall.” he said, referring to Trump’s vow to force his southern neighbour pay for the barrier.
Trump’s plan has also been widely condemned by International leaders and many US politicians and Immigration and Defence experts, who insist the wall will make no practical difference.
“Mexico gives and demands respect as the completely sovereign nation that we are.” Pena Nieto, who is due to meet Trump at the White House next week, said.
Without mentioning the trip, Pena Nieto said he would wait for a report from a high-level Mexican delegation holding meetings in the US capital this week and consult governors and MPs before deciding on “the next steps to take.”
Pena Nieto said he had ordered Mexico’s 50 consulates in the US to act as legal counsel for the rights of Mexican migrants.
“Our communities are not alone. The government of Mexico will offer legal counsel that will guarantee the protection they need.”
“A nation without borders is not a nation. Starting today, the US gets back control of its borders.” ~ Trump
The order, signed on Wednesday, will enable construction of “a large physical barrier on the southern border”according to White House spokesman Sean Spicer.
In an interview with ABC News on Wednesday, Trump said construction of the wall would start within months, with planning starting immediately, and that Mexico would pay back to the US “100 percent” of the costs.
After previously branding all Mexicans as “Rapists and Drug Dealers” Trump added to his recent comments on Mexico “I do have a big heart.”
This story is available on:
APPLE NEWS | GOOGLE NEWS | IPMG NEWS | THE INTERNATIONAL ONLINE
Average Donation to date: £10 / $15 / €15 / 5 OMR / 5 KWD / 50 QAR / 50 AED
Talk to a journalist:
Web: theinternational.org.uk / IPMGnews.theinternational.org.uk
Tel: (0044) 020 350 70 351
Twitter: @T_International / @IPMGnews